Product Feedback

It would be great if ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Collapsible Headings in html export

It would be great if the html export of a notebook with collapsible headings would also have collapsible headings.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Undo delete cell

As title says!

Or in fact undo any non editor command..

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Azure Files Storage to supported mount list

dbutils.fs.mount should be able to mount to Azure Files Storage
    This is the service Azure offers for one to store his code\files\outputs, this should be accessible from Databricks

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Data import / export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. azure active directory

I would like to grant users access based on Azure AD security groups. Instead of managing users individually and directly in databricks.

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Account management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. we can provide relationships between Spark SQL tables

Add the capability to provide informational relationships, constraints and hints that would help building a data model within Databricks itself. I understand this is a Spark feature which is pending since 2017 to provide Informational Referential integrity [SPARK-19842] but it hasn't moved on.If Databricks can provide a similar feature at least with Delta then there is no need of using an intermediary model-staging service like a RDBMS or OLAP or MPP when visualizing using tools like PowerBI or Tableau.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. TensorFlow 1.13.1 (stable) in ML 5.4

TensorFlow 1.13.1 contains major bugfixes compared to 1.12.0, here are some highlights:
    * TensorFlow GPU binaries are now built against CUDA 10 and TensorRT 5.0.
    (This is extremely important to leverage the full capabilities of V100 GPUs)
    * Fixes a potential security vulnerability where carefully crafted GIF images can produce a null pointer dereference during decoding
    * Improve performance of GPU cumsum/cumprod by up to 300x.

Any loads more, but these 3 are enough to warrant an upgrade, not to mention compatibility ops and renaming that make models less prone to breaking in TF 2.0

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  External libraries / applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. we could recreate the key after it has been (mistakenly) deleted

After successfully running for few days on AWS we mistakenly deleted the key from AWS.

Now we are getting the following error when trying to start new clusters:

```
    Time
    2019-05-08 12:14:02 CEST
    Cluster terminated. Reason: Cloud Provider Launch Failure

A cloud provider error was encountered while launching worker nodes. See the Databricks guide for more information.

AWS API error code: InvalidKeyPair.NotFound

AWS error message: The key pair 'dbe-worker-XYZ' does not exist

```

How we can force DataBricks to recreate the key?
    Deleting and adding again the IAM role to the DataBricks didn't help, it still expects the same…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Use AAD authentication in the REST API and Databricks CLI instead of user tokens

Use Azure Active Directory (AAD) authentication in the REST API (and Databricks CLI) instead of user tokens

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  REST API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add option to upgrade workspace to premium from standard

There is currently no way to upgrade a workspace from the standard tier to the premium tier. Rather than having to export all notebooks, create a new workspace, port everything over, re-mount storage endpoints, re-add all users, and import the notebooks, it would be preferable to be able to click a button.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "Single Node TensorFlow to Distributed DL" example worked

I can't finish https://docs.databricks.com/applications/deep-learning/distributed-training/mnist-tensorflow.html. My cluster is vanilla 5.3 ML image, standard nc12 gpu. On "prepare single node code", I get from "train(learning_rate=.01, batch_size=64)" an "UnknownError: /dbfs/horovod_tf_keras//MNISTDemo/train/1556245977.6539524/checkpoint.tmpa6724f77bca94128bd6ee8f49cbbd5ba; Input/output error". And under "Migrate to HorovodRunner" I get from "hr.run(train_hvd, learning_rate=0.01, batch_size=64)" the error "org.apache.spark.SparkException: Job aborted due to stage failure: Could not recover from a failed barrier ResultStage. Most recent failure reason: Stage failed because barrier task ResultTask(1, 0) finished unsuccessfully.". I realize I probably do something silly. Advice is appreciated. :-)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow management of Groups through the UI

Allow management of Groups through the UI rather than just through the Groups API.

Only being able to Add/Remove/List Users in a Group through the Groups API is inconvenient and restrictive.

The current state of Permissions management for administrators of Databricks is not a great experience.

When a new User is granted access, the Administrators need to go and manually grant the User Permission to all of the Libraries/Folders/Jobs/Clusters etc.

This manual process has resulted in Users being granted Permissions that they shouldn't have or not being granted Permissions that they should have.

We want to use Groups to help…

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Navigation UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Clusters created with python3 used pip3

I created a cluster using python3, but pip failed to install a package made for python3, and pip3 is not present.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  External libraries / applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Git integration should be on folder/repo level, not just single notebooks

The current git integration only integrates single notebooks. But with notebook flows and other features, we have a whole folder structure of notebooks with interdependencies. So instead of integrating a single notebook with a file in git, you should be able to connect a Databricks folder to a git repo and branch, pursing/pulling the whole thing in one (just like a normal git repo).

I know this can be accomplished using the workspace api and CLI, but it would be great to be able to do this without involving the desktop at all.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The job list page sorted by job id in descending order

When I navigate to the job list page (https://###.cloud.databricks.com/#joblist) it would be nice if the jobs were sorted by job id in descending order so the latest job was at the top.

I use Hadoop and HUE and they do this and I find it very less user friendly that the Databricks job list doesn't do this.

Also, if I look at the details of a job and then navigate back to the job list the sort I had selected (job id desc) is lost and I have to resort.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Navigation UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. i am unable to create Cluster using trial version , its showing error "This account may not have enough cores to satisfy the request"

I am trying to create cluster using trial account however getting error. I am unable to set the configuration as its allowing enter min and max workers. 1 worker is adding 4 cores and I have max 4 cores allocated. I cannot provide 0 as min value and max should be greater than min. So technically I am unable to create the cluster, please help.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Can list what users have create cluster permission through api

I would like to be able to list what users have create cluster permission through the rest api.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Style of widgets

Customize the style of any widgets in azure Databricks is not possible

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. UX fix

Hi,

if you work with multiple people inside the same notebook, the other persons courser is refelceted wrong( jumps to my current edit if the person is idle)
    pls fix
    thx

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Navigation UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. use VSTS git repo with databricks on AWS

We use VSTS for CI/CD and AWS for our cloud infrastructure. It would be nice to access VSTS from databricks on AWS.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Display Function in Notebooks could be used to generate multiple plots

I would like to be able to generate a set of visuals from a single display function call or SQL query output without having to rerun the same chunk multiple times.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base