• My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  External libraries / applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. TensorFlow 1.14.0 / 2.0.0a broken

I really need TensorFlow 1.14.0 for a lot of bug fixes, but can't seem to install it using an init_script as described in https://docs.azuredatabricks.net/applications/deep-learning/single-node-training/tensorflow.html

The problem seems to lie in the dependency wrapt (I logged and found it to be a problem):
    "Cannot uninstall 'wrapt'. It is a distutils installed project and thus we cannot accurately determine which files belong to it which would lead to only a partial uninstall."

This breaks 1.14.0 and 2.0.0a since both depend on wrapt>=1.11.1

I tried to first install wrapt with --ignore installed, and although it looks like it works I end up with…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  External libraries / applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How to install pip package with index-url and private-index-url

I wonder how to install python packages that are in my private index?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  External libraries / applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Azure SQL connectivity using AD Integrated and SPN with Python

Azure SQL connectivity using AD Integrated and SPN with Python.

currently only support Scala but unable to execute while using High concurrency clusters

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. dbutils.widgets would become available in Databricks Connect

I use dbutils.widgets to set variables in my Databricks notebooks. It would be nice if there would be an implementation of this sub-module in Databricks Connect so I can use an IDE for Databricks development.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. %run could be used in IDEs with Databricks Connect

For larger modules, I use quite some %run commands to import functions from other notebooks. It would be nice if these could be used in IDEs like PyCharm, so I can develop there and use PyCharm features such as linting and refactoring which Databricks notebooks do not have.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Not able to add external library glpk , pyhton

After adding via init script, server is not able to start.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Clusters created with python3 used pip3

I created a cluster using python3, but pip failed to install a package made for python3, and pip3 is not present.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  External libraries / applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Support of Shapely values prediction in MLlib boosted tree models.

Shapely Feature Contributions at row low level for tree ensembles. This allows explainable at the row level of why things are being predicted. There is already a method that can be build into tree ensembles (like xboost) to calculated shapely very fast using the tree nodes
    https://www.groundai.com/project/consistent-feature-attribution-for-tree-ensembles/4

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to Upload Python Wheel Libraries through API 2.0

It would be great if we could just upload libraries through the 2.0 API into a Workspace folder rather than a DBFS folder. We will want to use this in our CI/CD pipeline to upload the newest version of our libraries.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Manage Databricks secrets API to improve the security violations

credentials = dbutils.secrets.get(scope = "<scope-name>", key = "<key-name>")

print(credentials)

output : [REDACTED]

But through iterating, it is possible to see the hidden secrets

for singlekeycharacter in credentials:
    print(singlekeycharacter)

Output:
    Q
    $
    %
    y

U

;

In this the secrets are able to retrieved by iterating secrets variable.
    To address this issue, we have to restrict the iteration for the secrets assigned variable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. visual studio

For notebooks, a plug-in for Visual Studio would be really nice on Azure Databricks, as an alternative to the Web UI.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  External libraries / applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. you could make Julia available in databricks, too.

Great language and much more efficient than Python (of course only if it can take advantage of the full cloud computing power, too)

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow uploading any file to dbfs through the UI

I need to upload tar.gz files containing bash scripts plus binaries and there is no good way to do that through the UI. The Library import UI is very close, but limited to JAR. I was able to upload through the 'Create table' UI by pretending I wanted to create a table but not finishing the table creation. This is an awkward way to do that though.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Support egg dependencies installation

When installing a locally created egg package that depends on another github repo, databricks does not support fetching and installing the dependency automatically. For now, the solution is to either push the egg to Pypi or package all dependencies together and attach to cluster. It'd be great if databricks egg installation has that feature, just like what you expect from easy_install an egg file

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Less pain for upgrading auto-attached libs

We have a library that is "attached to all clusters automatically".

There is no easy way to test a new version on only one cluster. You have to uncheck the auto-attach checkbox on the current version (and then it starts unattaching for all clusters, interrupting them), attach to all clusters but yours manually, then attach the new version to your cluster.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. DataScience Platform

It would be great Idea if we have option to integrate Data Science libraries like Anaconda (Jupyter) in databricks as well

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Install python packages from private pypi repos

I can install packages from PyPI, but we host our own repo for the libraries we develop internally. They normally can be installed by providing --extra-index-url to pip but as far as I can tell this isn't possible with databricks.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  External libraries / applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base