Product Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Collapsible Headings in html export

It would be great if the html export of a notebook with collapsible headings would also have collapsible headings.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Databricks available in Hong Kong AWS Region

AWS region Hong Kong (ap-east-1) is open since 2019-04-25 and quickly gaining popularity.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Account management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Undo delete cell

As title says!

Or in fact undo any non editor command..

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. TensorFlow 1.14.0 / 2.0.0a broken

I really need TensorFlow 1.14.0 for a lot of bug fixes, but can't seem to install it using an init_script as described in https://docs.azuredatabricks.net/applications/deep-learning/single-node-training/tensorflow.html

The problem seems to lie in the dependency wrapt (I logged and found it to be a problem):
    "Cannot uninstall 'wrapt'. It is a distutils installed project and thus we cannot accurately determine which files belong to it which would lead to only a partial uninstall."

This breaks 1.14.0 and 2.0.0a since both depend on wrapt>=1.11.1

I tried to first install wrapt with --ignore installed, and although it looks like it works I end up with…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  External libraries / applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Default widget behavior should not be "run accessed commands"

When Databricks widgets are created, the default behavior is to "run accessed commands" when the values are changed. Even clicking in the box and clicking out without changing the value will trigger this behavior.

I believe the default behavior should be to do nothing, as automatically running when you are not familiar with this behavior can lead to unintended and catastrophic accidental runs.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. azure active directory

I would like to grant users access based on Azure AD security groups. Instead of managing users individually and directly in databricks.

94 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Account management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Increase resizing handle on sidebar vertically and add auto expand to show full names

The handle with html class "ui-resizable-handle ui-resizable-e" is too small and hard to notice, so expanding the sidebar is very difficult and if you miss to the right, you close the sidebar unless you pin it, which is annoying. This makes navigating very difficult. You could expand that vertically to make it easier, as that's probably expected user behavior given that all windows on a desktop can be expanded from any point on the side. You could also add a feature to auto expand to the maximum character length of your longest table, database or file name.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Navigation UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Azure Files Storage to supported mount list

dbutils.fs.mount should be able to mount to Azure Files Storage
    This is the service Azure offers for one to store his code\files\outputs, this should be accessible from Databricks

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Data import / export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The workspace is displayed at the top of the interface.

The workspace could be displayed at the top of the interface. For example - "Microsoft Azure - XYZ Workspace". It is annoying to determine the workspace by clicking on the "person" icon on the right and looking at the drop down to determine the workspace.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Navigation UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. search a string in all notebooks

search a string in all notebooks (all cells, all of the code) like search in project in any ide

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Stop automatic scroll to bottom In logger panels

You can stop automatic scroll to bottom In logger panels. It would help us looking into the logs. Right now as soon as we reach the relevant logs, it pulls us back to the bottom. This is very irritating.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Git integration should be on folder/repo level, not just single notebooks

The current git integration only integrates single notebooks. But with notebook flows and other features, we have a whole folder structure of notebooks with interdependencies. So instead of integrating a single notebook with a file in git, you should be able to connect a Databricks folder to a git repo and branch, pursing/pulling the whole thing in one (just like a normal git repo).

I know this can be accomplished using the workspace api and CLI, but it would be great to be able to do this without involving the desktop at all.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. we can provide relationships between Spark SQL tables

Add the capability to provide informational relationships, constraints and hints that would help building a data model within Databricks itself. I understand this is a Spark feature which is pending since 2017 to provide Informational Referential integrity [SPARK-19842] but it hasn't moved on.If Databricks can provide a similar feature at least with Delta then there is no need of using an intermediary model-staging service like a RDBMS or OLAP or MPP when visualizing using tools like PowerBI or Tableau.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Python library installation Failure should not disable the python excution

I am using Databrick through Azure. I use the Cluster Manage UI to install pythorch. It failed and I could never run any python command any more. It just got cancelled after seconds' of 'waiting to run'. This should be fixed. Now the only thing I could do is to create a new cluster and move everything there. The installation error message is:
    java.lang.RuntimeException: ManagedLibraryInstallFailed: org.apache.spark.SparkException: Process List(/databricks/python/bin/pip, install, pytorch, --disable-pip-version-check) exited with code 1. Error: ERROR: Complete output from command /databricks/python3/bin/python3 -u -c 'import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='"'"'/tmp/pip-install-if4kl0a5/pytorch/setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' bdist_wheel -d /tmp/pip-wheel-hhwapo20 --python-tag cp35:
    ERROR: Traceback (most…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Cluster management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. UI should have files/storage browser (i.e. for ADLSgen2)

Databricks UI should provide user friendly method (= not a command line) to browse files on external file system like ADLS, open and edit text files and to upload and download files. Now user is forced to use external software (storage explorer). The external file storage would be configured by administrator (single per workspace) and ACLs should be taken into account when accessing external storage (aka credentials passthrough)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Pool tag edit should be allowed when all dependent clusters are down

Currently I need to delete pool, add new one and re-attach all clusters to the new pool

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Turn auto-termination on/off without cluster restart

We want the cluster to be always on (auto-termination disabled) between 9AM and 5PM. After this time cluster should be on demand (auto-termination enabled). This could be realized either via API call or as a schedule defined for the cluster). At the moment, changing this auto-termination setting would require cluster restart (thus killing all jobs on the cluster)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Cluster management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Running a cell didn't cause notebook to scroll down randomly

When I run a cell (via Shift + Enter), the notebook often scrolls down well beyond the bottom of the cell of interest, making it difficult to find my cell and the results.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add a collaborator role to the available roles for DataBricks

There needs to be another role in addition to admin so one can better isolate notebooks, jobs, and folders access from the admin role

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Account management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. remove notebook from recents

when I have notebooks with similar names and content, but in different workspaces, it would be useful to be able to remove from recents, when I have done with one of them, so I don't work in the wrong space.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base