Product Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Python library installation Failure should not disable the python excution

I am using Databrick through Azure. I use the Cluster Manage UI to install pythorch. It failed and I could never run any python command any more. It just got cancelled after seconds' of 'waiting to run'. This should be fixed. Now the only thing I could do is to create a new cluster and move everything there. The installation error message is:
    java.lang.RuntimeException: ManagedLibraryInstallFailed: org.apache.spark.SparkException: Process List(/databricks/python/bin/pip, install, pytorch, --disable-pip-version-check) exited with code 1. Error: ERROR: Complete output from command /databricks/python3/bin/python3 -u -c 'import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='"'"'/tmp/pip-install-if4kl0a5/pytorch/setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' bdist_wheel -d /tmp/pip-wheel-hhwapo20 --python-tag cp35:
    ERROR: Traceback (most…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Cluster management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. UI should have files/storage browser (i.e. for ADLSgen2)

Databricks UI should provide user friendly method (= not a command line) to browse files on external file system like ADLS, open and edit text files and to upload and download files. Now user is forced to use external software (storage explorer). The external file storage would be configured by administrator (single per workspace) and ACLs should be taken into account when accessing external storage (aka credentials passthrough)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Navigation UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Pool tag edit should be allowed when all dependent clusters are down

Currently I need to delete pool, add new one and re-attach all clusters to the new pool

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Turn auto-termination on/off without cluster restart

We want the cluster to be always on (auto-termination disabled) between 9AM and 5PM. After this time cluster should be on demand (auto-termination enabled). This could be realized either via API call or as a schedule defined for the cluster). At the moment, changing this auto-termination setting would require cluster restart (thus killing all jobs on the cluster)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add a collaborator role to the available roles for DataBricks

There needs to be another role in addition to admin so one can better isolate notebooks, jobs, and folders access from the admin role

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Account management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. remove notebook from recents

when I have notebooks with similar names and content, but in different workspaces, it would be useful to be able to remove from recents, when I have done with one of them, so I don't work in the wrong space.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Historical Ganglia snapshot included more metrics

It's nice that clusters have historical snapshots of the ganglia UI. It currently shows the "load_one" metric for all nodes on the cluster. It would also be nice to add some report metrics to this snapshot -- e.g. mem_report, cpu_report, network_report, and disk_report. This makes it easier to debug issues with jobs that terminate clusters upon completion or failure.
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support for JSON representation to exceed 10,000 bytes

Http post request, JSON representation cannot exceed 10,000 bytes.
    If i have a large request body, how to over come the issue?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  REST API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Plot options does not support ambiguous column names

Given I am in Plot Options
    When a dataframe has two columns with the same name
    Then I can use an alias to differentiate the columns

My situation is that I left joined two tables. Nulls from non-joined rows is taking precedence when columns names are the same. I am unable to specify an alias for the tables in the Plot Options screen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make the green dot next to the active clusters more colorblind friendly

I have moderate red green colorblindness and sometimes its hard for me to tell if a cluster is active or not in the interface. If you could change the color of the active dot to a brighter more colorblind friendly green like #00FF48, or even add a little check inside the circle, it would be much appreciated.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Not able to add external library glpk , pyhton

After adding via init script, server is not able to start.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  External libraries / applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Support the new us-west-2d availability zone

us-west-2d has consistently low spot pricing for some instance types. Please add support for it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I had a searchable way to access workspaces instead of a non-scrollable menu.

I will have many databricks workspaces for my clients to search through and manage, possibly 100+. Current list is not scrollable when you have many workspaces to juggle through. I've already run out of space with 8 workspaces. I'd like to search by DBX resource name & Azure subscription it's deployed in.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The workspace is displayed at the top of the interface.

The workspace could be displayed at the top of the interface. For example - "Microsoft Azure - XYZ Workspace". It is annoying to determine the workspace by clicking on the "person" icon on the right and looking at the drop down to determine the workspace.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Long Hang Running Command

Sometime my command line will hang in "Running command". The code is really simple like "print("hello world")", which made my experience really, really bad!!! Could you provide more support or information why this happened?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. search a string in all notebooks

search a string in all notebooks (all cells, all of the code) like search in project in any ide

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. New Age Roofers

Address:
    6506 Elkhurst Dr #10
    Plano, Texas

Primary phone:
    469-995-8967

Website
    http://www.planocontractor.co/

Primary category:
    Roofing Contractor

Hours:
    24 hours

Owner:
    Betty Jenkins

Business Email:
    info@planocontractor.co

Keywords:
    Roofing Contractor, Siding Contractor, Window Installation Service, Door Supplier, Gutter Installation, Commercial Services

Description:
    The Roofer at New Age Roofers Plano TX can make tiny repair work, repair significant problems, and also set up brand-new items for one or many structures. We provide roof examination to establish the security of your roofing system. The team has over a years of experience setting up doors, home windows, and roofing systems. We additionally supply doors…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Default widget behavior should not be "run accessed commands"

When Databricks widgets are created, the default behavior is to "run accessed commands" when the values are changed. Even clicking in the box and clicking out without changing the value will trigger this behavior.

I believe the default behavior should be to do nothing, as automatically running when you are not familiar with this behavior can lead to unintended and catastrophic accidental runs.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Support GPU clusters (g3) in North California region

When we try to create a cluster with GPU instances, we see that the GPU instance types available are p2 and p3, which are not available in our current installation region (North California).

For us-west-1 region that is the current account the only GPU instance types supported by AWS are the g3 instance types.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We could have multiple regions in the same account

Currently we can only have one region supported per account. It would be great if we could be able to add more than one region and choose on which region we will create our clusters

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Account management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base