Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Navigation UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need to be able to see output in cell BEFORE it completes

When I'm running Python or other code in a cell, it produces intermediate logs/outputs (e.g. when training a model, it shows how the accuracy is improving after each iteration), but these outputs are only shown AFTER the whole cell completes running. If the cell takes 5 minutes to run, we have no clue what it's doing. In a Jupyter notebook, we see output right away. This is a must-have feature

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Navigation UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Being able to edit the jar on a job and not have to re-add all of the jar params/class path (

Users should able to (Like before during Databricks 2.18 and prior) be able to edit a jar and re-upload a new one without having to remove it and re-add all of the parameters.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. selecting notebooks didn't automatically hide the file structure (makes scrolling through notebooks impossible)

Right now, scrolling through notebooks is impossible since the file structure automatically is hidden every time you select a notebook. Can we at least have it be an option for customized UI settings? This really makes me steer away from using the environment overall.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Navigation UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can pin the file browser. There is a small pin icon at the bottom right of the left menu. Once it’s pinned, you can browse on different notebooks and they’ll preview without closing the file browser. Please let us know if this helps.

5. "Home" item in sidebar should go to... my home directory

The icon is already the same, now just make the functionality match as well :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Navigation UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. UI notification when spot instance prices are high

Lately I've been wasting lots of time trying to request for a spot instance cluster - apparently on those days when the spot instance price is high, I'd have to wait for a long time only to see that the request has failed.

Even though there're ways for me to check the spot instance prices, I suspect that it'd help lots of your customers like me to have a simple UI notification when the spot instance price is high, and when it's recommended that I request for an on-demand cluster - followed by another notification when the spot instance prices…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Navigation UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Happy to announce that our third most requested feature has been released. You can now browse all databases in the UI as well as all the tabes inside those databases. Thus, you can organize your tables into different databases.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base