Product Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. UX fix

Hi,

if you work with multiple people inside the same notebook, the other persons courser is refelceted wrong( jumps to my current edit if the person is idle)
    pls fix
    thx

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Navigation UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. dbutils.fs.ls would return the lastmodified timestamp of files in addition to the size.

The dbutils.fs.ls command returns the path, filename and size of the files it lists. With the timestamp the input files can be processed in the proper sequence.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Historical Ganglia snapshot included more metrics

It's nice that clusters have historical snapshots of the ganglia UI. It currently shows the "loadone" metric for all nodes on the cluster. It would also be nice to add some report metrics to this snapshot -- e.g. memreport, cpureport, networkreport, and disk_report. This makes it easier to debug issues with jobs that terminate clusters upon completion or failure.
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Support for JSON representation to exceed 10,000 bytes

Http post request, JSON representation cannot exceed 10,000 bytes.
    If i have a large request body, how to over come the issue?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  REST API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Plot options does not support ambiguous column names

Given I am in Plot Options
    When a dataframe has two columns with the same name
    Then I can use an alias to differentiate the columns

My situation is that I left joined two tables. Nulls from non-joined rows is taking precedence when columns names are the same. I am unable to specify an alias for the tables in the Plot Options screen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Not able to add external library glpk , pyhton

After adding via init script, server is not able to start.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  External libraries / applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I had a searchable way to access workspaces instead of a non-scrollable menu.

I will have many databricks workspaces for my clients to search through and manage, possibly 100+. Current list is not scrollable when you have many workspaces to juggle through. I've already run out of space with 8 workspaces. I'd like to search by DBX resource name & Azure subscription it's deployed in.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add S3 PutObjectAcl Funtion to dbfsutils.

Our clusters write to cross account S3 Buckets. I already configured BucketOwnerFullControl ACL on spark configuration.
    But need access this output datas from more additional account roles for audit, etc.

I want you to improve the dbfsutils (or little functions) to able S3 PutObjectACL operation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Data import / export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. New Age Roofers

Address:
    6506 Elkhurst Dr #10
    Plano, Texas

Primary phone:
    469-995-8967

Website
    http://www.planocontractor.co/

Primary category:
    Roofing Contractor

Hours:
    24 hours

Owner:
    Betty Jenkins

Business Email:
    info@planocontractor.co

Keywords:
    Roofing Contractor, Siding Contractor, Window Installation Service, Door Supplier, Gutter Installation, Commercial Services

Description:
    The Roofer at New Age Roofers Plano TX can make tiny repair work, repair significant problems, and also set up brand-new items for one or many structures. We provide roof examination to establish the security of your roofing system. The team has over a years of experience setting up doors, home windows, and roofing systems. We additionally supply doors…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Support GPU clusters (g3) in North California region

When we try to create a cluster with GPU instances, we see that the GPU instance types available are p2 and p3, which are not available in our current installation region (North California).

For us-west-1 region that is the current account the only GPU instance types supported by AWS are the g3 instance types.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Cluster management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. We could have multiple regions in the same account

Currently we can only have one region supported per account. It would be great if we could be able to add more than one region and choose on which region we will create our clusters

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Account management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Azure - Make NCv3 available in North Europe

Currently, only NCv1 (K80 GPU's) are available for GPU accelerated ML workflows, these are excruciatingly slow and small compared to NCv3 that run V100s.
    We have all our data in North Europe and are therefore stuck with K80s, putting us at a major competative disadvantage.
    Futhermore, a lot of frameworks have cumbersome multi-gpu training workflows, so it is preferable to use one larger GPU over several smaller ones.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Cluster management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. we could recreate the key after it has been (mistakenly) deleted

After successfully running for few days on AWS we mistakenly deleted the key from AWS.

Now we are getting the following error when trying to start new clusters:

```
    Time
    2019-05-08 12:14:02 CEST
    Cluster terminated. Reason: Cloud Provider Launch Failure

A cloud provider error was encountered while launching worker nodes. See the Databricks guide for more information.

AWS API error code: InvalidKeyPair.NotFound

AWS error message: The key pair 'dbe-worker-XYZ' does not exist

```

How we can force DataBricks to recreate the key?
    Deleting and adding again the IAM role to the DataBricks didn't help, it still expects the same…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add option to upgrade workspace to premium from standard

There is currently no way to upgrade a workspace from the standard tier to the premium tier. Rather than having to export all notebooks, create a new workspace, port everything over, re-mount storage endpoints, re-add all users, and import the notebooks, it would be preferable to be able to click a button.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Timer for currently running cell

It would be really handy to have a running timer for currently processing jobs. It would help users identify cells which have been over running due to some user error, for example running a job with exponential complexity that would take hours whereas the usual process only takes a few seconds.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. "Single Node TensorFlow to Distributed DL" example worked

I can't finish https://docs.databricks.com/applications/deep-learning/distributed-training/mnist-tensorflow.html. My cluster is vanilla 5.3 ML image, standard nc12 gpu. On "prepare single node code", I get from "train(learningrate=.01, batchsize=64)" an "UnknownError: /dbfs/horovodtfkeras//MNISTDemo/train/1556245977.6539524/checkpoint.tmpa6724f77bca94128bd6ee8f49cbbd5ba; Input/output error". And under "Migrate to HorovodRunner" I get from "hr.run(trainhvd, learningrate=0.01, batch_size=64)" the error "org.apache.spark.SparkException: Job aborted due to stage failure: Could not recover from a failed barrier ResultStage. Most recent failure reason: Stage failed because barrier task ResultTask(1, 0) finished unsuccessfully.". I realize I probably do something silly. Advice is appreciated. :-)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow management of Groups through the UI

Allow management of Groups through the UI rather than just through the Groups API.

Only being able to Add/Remove/List Users in a Group through the Groups API is inconvenient and restrictive.

The current state of Permissions management for administrators of Databricks is not a great experience.

When a new User is granted access, the Administrators need to go and manually grant the User Permission to all of the Libraries/Folders/Jobs/Clusters etc.

This manual process has resulted in Users being granted Permissions that they shouldn't have or not being granted Permissions that they should have.

We want to use Groups to help…

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Navigation UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bug in graph order when displaying in chart

creating a bar chart based on a temp view or saved table that is sorted by the column it is summarized on (y axis) creates an error when trying to aggregate over all results.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  External libraries / applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. gitlab integration

adding gitlab support as github so I can store them my shit and optionallya add some auto export when committing in pdf so I can get them in the same location easiily

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base